VP / Director of Purchasing
- Check with seller
- Published date: August 5, 2016 07:32
- Laughlin, Nevada, United States
VP/Director of Purchasing
Relocation is an option.
We are seeking a qualified Purchasing Director/Vice President to join our team. The title of the position will be determined at the time of candidate selection based on experience, skill-set, qualifications, etc. This position plays a key leadership role in the Purchasing and Supply Chain functions and oversees the organizing and awarding of supplier contracts. Additionally, the position works with subcontractors and suppliers on purchasing materials and maintaining accurate contracts. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages and develops Purchasing team.
• Ensures division’s operations and savings plan are achieved.
• Coordinates budgets.
• Actively participates in division and new supplier roll-outs.
• Leads all divisional negotiations and supplier/subcontractor selection.
• Works to implement and maintain divisional specification and options standardization.
• Manages relationships with key large suppliers.
• Seeks new suppliers to improve profits and quality.
• Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as: raw materials, equipment, tools, and supplies
• Monitor the fair market price of all raw materials and negotiate restocking agreements within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
Business Acumen Requirements.
• Minimum of 10+ years prior experience in Purchasing role and/or Supply Chain management and extensive purchasing negotiations in retail and consumer services. are required.
• Must have thorough understanding of the Purchasing process and life cycle
• Must have 10 years of experience in retail or restaurant setting
• Degree in math, statistics or finance.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Above-average systems skills are necessary; verbal, written and presentation skills are required in order to ensure effective operations and to facilitate corporate-wide initiatives .
• Must be self-driven with a strong ability to motivate, delegate and prioritize assignments while establishing and enforcing high standards.
• Must have ability to analyze many variables and make decisive decisions.
• Emphasis on analytics and statistical data should drive decision-making, as well as an insistence on uniformity of processes and procedures.
• This person must have the ability to identify, hire and train a team capable of managing the daily operations of the department.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal.
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services.
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country.
- Free-Classifieds-USA.com is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification".
Accounting Jobs - Finance Jobs Fairbanks (Alaska) March 15, 201717.50 Dollar US$
Accounting Jobs - Finance Jobs Haymarket (Virginia) February 6, 2017Free
Accounting Jobs - Finance Jobs Laconia (New Hampshire) January 20, 2017Check with seller